Great take on out of control mechanic! The confetti fail shot too lol
You find a strange gun that
doesn't seem to have a trigger...
It has a mind of its own.
You can't control when it fires,
or what it fires.
Introducing CURSED GUN.
This is our third year participating in the GMTK Game Jam, and it's our first 3D game together!
The theme of this year's jam was "OUT OF CONTROL". We came up with a gun where you lose control of when it fires, and what it fires.
CURSED GUN plays as a very basic twin-stick shooter. Aim at the oncoming ghosts and pray to the RNG gods for the right projectile at the right time!
It's Second Garage! The whole team is here!
- Quills - Game Design, Gameplay Programming, Game Feel, 3D Art, Art Direction, Sound Design
- Tal - Game Design, Gameplay Programming, Game Feel, 3D Art
- LF - Game Design, Gameplay Programming, Game Feel, Concept Art, UI Design
- Kai Clavier - for the awesome Super Text Mesh asset for Unity!
- Kerrie Lake - for the incredible RESURRECT 64 color palette!
Professor Umlaut by Kevin MacLeod
We hope you enjoy our game, and please rate it (while it's open)!
and how to (hopefully) solve them
|Can't continue from the "Game Over" screen||Try the W and D keys.|
This may have to do with how our input manager detects "any button", as these are the positive axis inputs.
|Game keeps playing during the "Game Over" screen||Either continue from Game Over, or refresh the page.|
It's a bit difficult to figure out every edge case, but hey, that's a learning experience!